The Journal of Science Foundation is a half-yearly journal of the Bangladesh Science Foundation (BSF) published in June and December every year. The journal publishes original research papers, concept papers, short communications and review articles in different fields of science. Book reviews are also published.
The authors are kindly requested to read the following directions carefully, for they are designed to facilitate the handling of the paper and its production in printed form.
Articles should be submitted in triplicate (original and two copies including a soft copy) to the Executive Director, Bangladesh Science Foundation, A H Tower, Level-07, Plot No. 56, Road No. 02, Sector No. 03, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka 1230, Bangladesh, Tel. No. : 880-2-55093876-77, Fax No. : 880-2-55093835, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Submission of an article implies that the results reported have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The manuscript should be typed in double spacing in A4 size (210 m ´ 297 m) bond paper. Tables and illustrations should be on separate sheets. Typographical conventions and layout of headings, tables and illustrations should be as exemplified in recent issues of the journal. Tables should be arranged in concised form having regard to the dimensions of a printed page. Papers prepared on original research work should not exceed 5000 words and short communication should be limited to 1500 words. Metric system of measurement should follow through the paper. The manuscript of a full-length research paper should be arranged in the following order:
- Title: The title of the paper should be short and specific and should represent the exact nature of the contents of the article (with no abbreviation). A short running title of the paper not exceeding 25 letters should be appended at the top of the 3rd page.
- By-line: The name(s) of the author(s) and the name of the institution(s) where the research was conducted.
- Abstract: Each paper should contain concise abstract not exceeding 250 words.
- Key words: Key words should not exceed 7 in number.
- Text: For convenience, the article should be divided in the following sections – a) Introduction, b) Materials and Methods or Methodology, c) Results and Discussion.
- Acknowledgment: If there be any.
- References: Citation of reference in the text should follow the name and year system. All citations should be listed at the end of the text under title references. The references should be furnished as per the following examples.
Havlin JL, Kissel DE, Maddux LD, Claassen MM and Long JH. 1990. Crop rotation and tillage effects on soil organic carbon and nitrogen. Soil Sci. Soc. America J. 54(2): 448-452.
- Tables: Table should be typed on separate sheets and furnished with a heading.
- Illustrations: Line drawings should be with India ink on good quality drawing or tracing paper, and photographs should be on glossy paper with good contrast.
Review of manuscripts
The editorial board makes a decision on the suitability of the paper for publication in the Journal of Science Foundation. Copies of the submitted manuscript will be sent to one or more reviewer/s for suggestions to improve the quality of the paper.
A handling fee of Tk. 3000 for Bangladesh and US $ 100 for all other countries will be charged for each accepted article. Ten reprints of each article will be sent to the author (s) free of charge.
Subscription rates per issue (including surface mail charge):
|Individual||Tk. 500.00||US$ 50.00|
|Institutional||Tk. 1000.00||US $ 75.00|
Manuscript submitted for publication and communications concerning journal should be sent to: The Executive Director, Bangladesh Science Foundation, A H Tower, Level-07, Plot No. 56, Road No. 02, Sector No. 03, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka 1230, Bangladesh, Tel. No. : 880-2-55093876-77, Fax No. : 880-2-55093835
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com